- milled in Europe
- higher heirloom quality than other wool blends out in the market
- felt is biodegradable
- Oeko-Tex certified (non-toxic and organic)
- evenly dense andcolor fast
- cuts and sews well in any direction
- non-raveling and no hemming required
- versatile - great for any range of projects
- Sold by the 25-yard skein
- Content: 100% organic cotton
- We recommend that you pre-wash all hand-dyed products before sewing them together with other colors.
Flat Braid measures approx. 1/8" wide and is approx. 1/32" thick
This braid is made by taking 16 strands of natural organic cotton thread and braiding it on an antique shoelace braider found in an old textile factory in South Carolina. The result is this neat braid that is soft, strong and elegant all at the same time.
The braid is hand dyed with fiber-reactive dyes that don't fade or wash out. The dye actually becomes part of the molecular structure of the cotton. The hand dye technique is low immersion to save water. It gives the braid slight variations of darks and lights that lend a vintage quality to the finished work.
Its uses are endless! It's easy to knit and the flatness of the strand adds depth and definition to your pattern. The braid can also be used for rug hooking. Since it's a tape you never have to cut strips and your whole project goes much faster. It looks just like hand dyed wool when your project is done, but it's not susceptible to moth damage.
Many customers have used this product in weaving, paper making, garment trimming and much more.
It's delightful to work with!
Grown, woven and hand-dyed in India
We will also have this ribbon available in white - available early next week
ESTIMATED BACK IN STOCK DATE: SUMMER 2021